RSM Design is honored to be a part of the masterplan design team on the Missouri Riverfront Revitalization Project in Omaha, Nebraska and Council Bluffs, Iowa. The site spans over 200 acres, creating a network of park spaces, and linking Gene Leahy Mall, the Heartland of America Park, and the Lewis and Clark Landing, spanning both sides of the Missouri River. RSM Design is collaborating with OJB, Gensler, HDR, and a number of additional consultants working together with community leaders and stakeholders to define a long-term vision for a new world-class park space.
The project includes five distinct parks and amenities such as a dog park, a children’s play area, hiking and biking trails, cultural attractions, and an observation tower. RSM Design’s role has included:
- Project visioning, defining key characteristics of the community, and formalizing design goals
- Local pride, community connections, relaxation, and recreation
- Creating a narrative to unite the disciplines
- Diagramming the guest experience and user interface
- Master Plan Wayfinding Strategy
- Holistic wayfinding strategy
- Vehicular and pedestrian signage concepts
- Clarity brought to the diverse amenities and destinations
Stay tuned for additional updates on the RSM Design blog!